High-profile cases of coaches abusing children across the United States have brought the prevalence of institutionalized abuse to light. At The Cifarelli Law Firm, LLP, in Los Angeles, California, we investigate instances of coaches abusing children, as well as the methods that organizations use to prevent such behavior.
If someone you care about has been the victim of physical abuse, sexual abuse, molestation or verbal abuse within youth sports, contact our child injury lawyers. From our Los Angeles law office we can help individuals throughout California and nationwide build a case, take action and get the benefits and financial compensation you are entitled to.
CA Coach Sexual Abuse Attorney
Victims often show signs of sexual abuse. It is important to remain alert and aware of changes in the behavior of your child and of children who are engaged in youth sports programs.
Some signs of coach abuse could include:
- Special attention given to your child as opposed to other teammates
- Signs of separation of your child from you, the child’s friends, other athletes and other authority figures
- Gifts given exclusively to your child and not other members of the team
- Secretive meetings and encounters between your child and the coach
- Sudden hesitance to engage in after-school activities or quitting of a team
- Sudden interest in sexual activity that is not appropriate for the child’s age
- Changes in academic performance, appetite, sleep habits or behavior such as aggression or depression
We know that confidentiality is of utmost importance when dealing with cases of sexual abuse and minors. We will aggressively represent you while remaining discreet so that your child does not suffer any more undue pressure during this difficult time.
Email us or call our California-based office at (949) 502-8600 to schedule a confidential, free initial consultation. Take action in your case by contacting a trusted lawyer who can provide insight and understanding while protecting your rights.
Se habla español.