The city of Costa Mesa in California’s idyllic Orange County has a long history, with the area initially being inhabited by members of the Gabrieleño/Tongva and other residents being from the Juaneño/Luiseño nation. It was not until 1769 when the Spanish explored the area that there were any European settlers on the land.
From that time, Costa Mesa served as an agricultural hub, with farming being its primary industry. The area was initially called Harper, however in May 1920 the name was then changed to Costa Mesa or “coast table” or “tableland” in Spanish.
The city is home to nearly 110,000 residents as of the 2010 United States Census and is the perfect place for families to grow and thrive. The industry in the area is based mostly around retail, commerce and light manufacturing with some of the top employers in the city being Experian, Coast Community College District Foundation, and the Orange Coast College.
Teens Behind the Wheel
Costa Mesa is a young community, with over one-fifth of those residing within the city’s borders being under the age of 18. This means that there are a lot of teen drivers cruising the streets of the city. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, statistically speaking, teen drivers pose a greater threat on the road than any other age group.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has shared these shocking statistics about teens being behind the wheel:
- In 2011, nearly 2,650 teens in the United States between the ages of 16 and 19 were killed because of a motor vehicle accident
- In the same year, almost 292,000 had to be treated in emergency departments for the injuries suffered due to a motor vehicle accident
- Youths ages 16 to 19 years of age are at the highest risk of being involved in a motor vehicle crash than any other age group. They are three times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than drivers who are of the age of 20 or older
The Role of a Parent
In the state of California, parental consent must be given to any minor child before they can hit the road and drive. This consent then places the liability for any injuries caused by their teen involved in a car accident directly in their hands.
If your teen has been involved in an accident, or if you have been involved in an accident involving a teen driver, do not make your first call be to your auto insurance agency – make it be to The Cifarelli Law Firm. Our experienced personal injury attorneys are available and able to provide guidance and counsel to ensure that you enjoy the best possible outcome in your auto insurance claim.
We invite you to call us today at (949) 502-8600.
Directions to our los angeles Personal Injury Attorneys from Costa Mesa, ca
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Costa Mesa, CA
Total Est. Time: 14 mins
Total Est. Distance: 12.3 mi
- Head northeast on Newport Blvd toward Harbor Blvd
- Keep left to continue on CA-55 N, follow signs for California 55 N
- Take exit 6 to merge onto I-405 S toward San Diego
- Keep left to stay on I-405 S
- Take exit 2 for California 133 N/California 133 S toward Laguna Beach/Laguna Cyn Road
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for CA-133 N
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for State 133 N and merge onto CA-133 N/State 133 N
- Use the middle lane to take exit 9 toward Barranca Pkwy
- Turn left onto Pacifica
- Turn right onto Barranca Pkwy
- Turn right onto Irvine Center Dr
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7700 Irvine Center Drive Suite 150
Irvine, CA 92618